Your Rights, Privacy and Data Protection
Other Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions relate only to new customers registering online. If you are an existing customer, please sign in to view the Terms & Conditions that relate to your own account.
Website and Catalogue Privacy Statement
Oxendale & Co Limited ("we", "us") is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (as amended) ("Data Protection Acts"). Oxendale & Co Limited is part of the N Brown Group plc group of companies ("N Brown Group"). We do not collect any personal Data about you either by telephone and/or on our website, www.oxendales.ie, (the "Website") unless you choose to provide it to us voluntarily. If you decide to place an order with us, there is certain personal information that we will require from you in order to process your order. This might include your name, delivery address, credit/debit card number and expiration date, billing address, e-mail address, telephone number, your age, occupation, and style interests.
Information We Collect
We may also collect the following data about you either by telephone or on our Website:
- Information that you provide either over the phone or by filling in forms on our Website including information provided at the time of registering as a customer with us and/or registering to use our Website, subscribing to any service which we provide, posting material or requesting further services.
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion, and when you report a problem with our Website
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out by telephone and/or through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of calls made to us and/or your visits to our Website.
How We Use Your Information
We primarily use your information to provide you with the goods and services which you order by telephone and/or through our Website. We will also use your information, including data concerning your shopping habits (for example your personal preferences and spending patterns) as follows:
- To open and manage your account with us;
- To process payments and orders made by you;
- To process applications for credit made by you;
- For credit purposes we will use your information and we may also consult with a credit reference agency, e,g, Irish Credit Bureau, in order to assess your credit application and credit record . The relevant credit agency will record the search. This information may be shared with other lenders for the purposes of credit granting decisions relating to customers and occasionally for tracing debtors and fraud prevention.
- For both your protection and our protection, we will assess your orders and applications for credit for risk of fraud and fraud prevention. For fraud and fraud prevention purposes we will use your information to carry out fraud and security checks and we will pass your information to a third party, such as CyberSource, to assist us in conducting such fraud and security checks. CyberSource use the information you provide us and information which we may already hold about you in order generate a fraud score based on a specific criteria. We will then use this fraud score in addition to the other information we hold about you in order to make a decision on your order and applications for credit;
- We may use automated decision making systems when assessing you for credit and for fraud prevention;
- To verify your identity;
- To monitor unusual/suspicious activity on your account;
- For payment recovery and debtor tracing purposes;
- To monitor and record telephone calls with you to for verification purposes, fraud prevention and training purposes.
We (or an affiliated third party) may wish to contact you about other products or services. If you would like to change / alter your current marketing preferences on your account, please contact Customer Services on 01 8300 800.
When We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose your personal information:
- Where you expressly authorize us to do so;
- As necessary to provide products and services to you;
- As necessary for credit assessment where you have indicated that you wish to avail of our credit facilities
- As necessary to allow our contractors or agents to provide services for us;
- If we or the N Brown Group, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party in which case personal information held by us about customers will be one of the transferred assets and, in which case, we may disclose your personal information to the actual or prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- To other companies within the N Brown Group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, and other carefully selected third parties (depending on your preferences and authorisations) who may contact you by post, telephone (including sms/text messages) or email with offers which might interest you;
- To protect you from fraud and theft, we may pass on personal information that we obtain from you to organizations including law enforcement agencies, involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Oxendale Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
Where We Store Your Information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who works for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the processing of your request for information and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is entirely at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Access to Your Information and Your Rights
You have a right to request access to any personal information which we hold about you and your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Acts. You may lodge an access request for free, but depending upon the personal information you request, we may impose a small administrative charge to recover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We will notify you of any such change upon receiving your access request, and confirm whether you wish to proceed and pay such charge. If you have any queries or wish to make an access request please contact the Data Protection Compliance Officer at Oxendale & Co Limited, Woodford Business Park, Santry, Dublin 17. When you contact us by phone your calls may be monitored or recorded for training purposes.
You also have the right to a have changed any inaccuracies in the details we hold about you, the right to object to the use of your data and the right to block any specific uses of your data by contacting us using the contact details below.
If you have any queries please contact the Data Protection Compliance Officer at Oxendale & Co Limited, Woodford Business Park, Santry, Dublin 17 or by telephone on 01-8 300 800.
Right of Refusal
Please note that Oxendale & Co. Limited reserve the right to refuse new customers orders for certain goods (in particular electrical products, computers and computer games) until new customers have built up an appropriate trading history with us. Your order may be refused even after you sign up for a credit account. It is within our sole discretion to refuse any order, or part of it, as we see fit.
We also reserve the right to restrict or refuse credit.
The goods and services featured on this website are only available to persons resident in the Republic Of Ireland and The Oxendales Group T/A The Oxendales Group, Oxendales, Simply Be, Jacamo will not accept orders from outside the Republic Of Ireland.
When you submit an order via our website you will immediately receive an e-mail acknowledging your order. This e-mail does not constitute an acceptance of your order by us. Your order has only been accepted and a contract formed between you and us when we despatch the goods to you.
We describe every item across our websites as accurately as we can, and we believe they represent excellent value for money. Technical errors or mispricing may occur which we will rectify as soon as possible. Placing a product in your bag does not reserve or guarantee the price shown at the time as it is possible that a product's price may increase or decrease between you placing it in your bag and the completion of your purchase.
If our prices alter for any reason (upwards or downwards), we will notify you at or before the time we complete your order. All orders are subject to our acceptance. Acceptance of your order and the formation of the contract between you and us will take place when the goods are despatched to you. On the rare occasions that there is an error in the catalogue or online, we will do our best to inform you at the earliest opportunity when you order or before you receive the goods. We reserve the right to adjust the price of products to take into account any change to taxes or duties. Finally, all our products are subject to availability. Your rights are also protected under the European Communities (Consumer Credit Agreements) Regulations 2010.
YOU MAY PRINT OUT AND KEEP A PERMANENT COPY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR YOUR REFERENCE BY CLICKING HERE