Your Credit Summary
Consumer Credit Act 1995
OXENDALE & CO. LIMITED
Credit Sale Agreement and Moneylending Agreement Regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1995
We, Oxendale & Co. Limited, agree to provide you the customer with a running Credit Account for purchase of any goods offered in any of our catalogues, leaflets, websites or advertisements.
Terms of Payment - How your account works
- The cost of your purchases may be spread over 48 weeks with interest charged to your account.
- A statement will be sent to you shortly after your credit account is opened and afterwards every 28 days which will set out the cash price of the goods acquired. The cash price of the goods acquired by you under this agreement and as set out in your statement will reflect the cash price as set out in the edition of the Oxendale catalogue circular or website (as appropriate) from which you order your goods. The amount you have to pay will be 1/12th of the cash price of the goods purchased, and the interest payable on the opening balance shown on your statement. Such amounts will be due under this agreement when a statement is sent to you. This effectively allows you to spread the cost of any individual item into 12 instalments. However, you are free to pay off the balance due more quickly if you wish. Missing payments may have severe consequences and make obtaining credit more difficult.
- If you purchased goods and /or services and you pay in full before the second statement after the day of purchase, no charge for credit will be debited to your account. If you do not pay in full by then a charge for credit at a rate of 2.8% per 28 days charging period, ignoring any part payments you have made, will be charged on the outstanding balance brought forward from your previous statement and on the cash price of any goods and/or services purchased during the previous statement period calculated on a daily basis and accruing from the date of purchase. This equates to an annual percentage rate (APR) of 51.5% variable. This will be charged on the price of the goods or services, ignoring any part payments you have made. We will apply payments to your account in the following order: first, in payment of payment protection insurance premiums, secondly, in payment of the balance of all credit charges, thirdly, towards the purchase price of all goods and/or services shown on any previous statement and finally, towards payment of the purchase price of all goods and/or services on the latest statement. We reserve the right to vary the above charge for credit percentage rate and APR at any time upon giving you 21 days notice. Such notice may be given by way of notice in a separate circular or by way of inclusion of same in statements and invoices issued by us and you will be deemed to have been given notice of any change circulated in this manner whether or not you receive the document in question. Your account will be debited with €1 for each payment you make to us via Billpay or Post Point.
- Your initial credit limit under the agreement will be up to €300. Assuming that you avail of the maximum credit terms, the total amount repayable will be €355.80.
- The amount of the credit limit subsequently will be set out in the statement to be provided every 28 days.
- You may charge as many purchases as you like to your account up to your current credit limit. You must not exceed your credit limit.
- We reserve the right to close the account and require payment of the whole balance if you fail to make any payments due under this agreement as they fall due. Interest will continue to be charged until payment has been made, subject to section 54 of the Consumer Credit Act 1995 (the "Act"). The firm shall give at least 10 days notice to the consumer as required by section 54 of the Act.
- The goods acquired by you under this agreement shall have the description provided to them in the edition of the Oxendale catalogue, circular or website (as appropriate) from which you ordered the goods.
- All transactions are entered into on the basis that these terms of payment, together with all orders, statements, invoices, advice notes and the current general terms and conditions (as set out in the mostrecent edition of the Oxendale catalogue and is published on www.oxendales.ie and updated from time to time) form a single agreement between the parties (collectively referred to as the "Credit Agreement").
- We also reserve the right to alter the terms of this agreement at any time. Any such alteration may be caused by market conditions, changes in the cost of providing the service, changes in legal, taxation (including VAT) or any other requirements affecting us, promotional reasons or any other good reason. Any such alteration may include changes to the interest rate or a reduction in your credit limit. Any such alteration will be notified to you in accordance with applicable law and regulation. Such a notification may be given to you by post, advertisement in the national press or by anyother means required by law. We will not increase your credit limit unless you request this and we agree.
- You may end this Agreement at any time by giving us one month's notice in writing and paying the full amount you owe us. Unless there are exceptional circumstances we will give you at least two month's notice before we end this Agreement.
- If you get into difficulties with your repayments under this agreement help and advice may be available to you from the Money Advice & Budgeting Service (MABS) on 076 107 2000.
- In the event that you wish to make a complaint you may do so by contacting Oxendales by telephone or in writing. If you are still not satisfied you are entitled to take your complaint to the Financial Services Ombudsman, 3rd Floor, Lincoln House, Lincoln Place, Dublin 2.
This is a Credit Agreement registered by the Consumer Credit Act 1995.
YOUR RIGHTS - YOU SHOULD READ THIS CAREFULLY
The Consumer Credit Act 1995 (the "Act") covers this agreement and lays down certain requirements for your protection which must be satisfied when the agreement is made. If they are not, we cannot enforce the agreement against you without a court order.
The Act also gives you a number of rights. You have the right to withdraw from this agreement without penalty if you give written notice to this effect to us at the address below within a period of 10 days of the date of receipt by you of a copy of this agreement. You have a right to settle this agreement at any time before the final repayment date by paying off all amounts (which shall be the cost of all goods purchased and the accrued interest) owing under the agreement.
Warning: This is high-cost credit. Consider alternative options before applying for this credit, including alternatives from other lenders regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Registered Offices: Woodford Business Park, Santry, Dublin 17. Registered in Dublin. No. 263438 Oxendale & Co. Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
YOU MAY PRINT OUT AND KEEP A PERMANENT COPY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR YOUR REFERENCE BY CLICKING HERE